On top of its aesthetic significance, the nails don’t have as such any definite function. Nails are made up of dead keratin tissues that have fat and water. They are non-organic and do not implement any function. But they are susceptible to numerous complications such as turning brittle, distorted or getting exposed to some infections such as fungus or algae. If you are suffering from nail problems in Delhi, you can resort to the treatment methods and tips offered by Tvak Laser Clinic. Nail complications constitute about 10 % of all dermatological disorders. Nail issues sometimes can arise throughout life and affect a high number of senior citizens.
What are the nail problems and treatments that Tvak Laser Clinic deals with?
- Melanoma is the most dangerous kind of skin cancer. It can grow beneath the nail in some rare cases. Such melanomas can at times also be misunderstood for injuries. Consequently, you should go to a dermatologist if dark-colored lines emerge in the middle of the nail plate, if the nail discoloration doesn’t gradually improve or if the magnitudes of that stripe upsurge over time.
- Fungal infections are the reason behind half of all nail maladies. There are a lot of common problems in toenails as the toes are cramped in a very heat, moist, weight-bearing milieu.
- Ingrown toenails, triggered by improper nail clipping, poor posture, digestive problems or tight shoes.
- White spots when an injury is instigated to the nail.
- Bacterial infections, most often because of nail biting, injury, poor skin hygiene, finger sucking or exposure to water.
- Vertical lines, called splinter hemorrhages, beneath the nails triggered by nail injury or certain medicine and diseases.
If you encounter any of these problems, do not try to self-treat in-growing toenails, mainly if they are infected. Consult a skin doctor right away.
What effect does cold weather have on the nails?
Cold weather can be detrimental for a person’s hands and nails. Special care must be taken during the wintertime months to fight the nail-related problems related with this time of year. Some of the nail disorders you can encounter consist of brittle nail syndrome, bacterial infections and Raynaud’s Phenomenon. One consequence of cold weather is reduced circulation to the fingers and toes, which can lead to Raynaud’s Phenomenon. It can make the fingers to become tarnished, alternating from red to white to blue and is frequently excruciating. Wearing gloves can be helpful for folks who have this condition as gloves keep the fingers warmer, thus improving blood flow to the nail region. If the symptoms become severe, do not improve, or continue to worsen, then the person should see a dermatologist.
How can you keep your nails healthy?
- Do not bite your fingernails; this could transfer communicable organisms between your fingers and mouth. Nail biting can also harm the skin around your fingers, allowing infections to enter.
- Apply a cream to wash your nails, predominantly when removing nail polish, since most polish removers encompass chemicals that dry the nails.
- Keep nails clean and dry to stop bacteria from gathering beneath the nail.
- Wear proper-fitting shoes and alternative shoes every day. Tight shoes can cause malformed toenails.
- Cut your fingernails and toenails straight across and rounded marginally within the center. This might keep your nails robust and help you avoid in-growing toenails.
- If you apply a bright red or orange polish, avert discoloration by applying an extra layer of base coat. If your nails become yellow and discolored from the polish, they must come back to their normal color over few weeks if the same polish isn’t reapplied.
- When toenails are dense and hard-hitting to chop, immerse feet in heat salt water (one teaspoon of salt can be added in one pint of water) for 5 to 10 minutes and then rub urea or lactic acid ointment. This will make the nails soft and they are easier to cut or trim.
If you are have any type of nail problems and wish to avail nail treatment in Delhi, then you can plan to refer Tvak Laser Clinic. Here. Dr. S. K. Kashyap, a one of the outstanding dermatologists in Delhi deals in all skin, nail and hair related sicknesses. Book your appointment and get consultation with expert dermatologists today!