Leprosy is a protracted granulomatous infection. It is a main health problem in India which has 1/3 of total leprosy patients in the world. It is more rampant amid the lowest socio-economic strata. The ailing patients can now find a cure at Tvak Laser Clinic via the leprosy treatment in Delhi options that we offer.
What is Leprosy?
Leprosy, also identified as Hansen’s illness, is a microbial sickness that can cause wounds, disfiguration, mutilation to the anxiety and sight and other complications. Fortunately, the infection is treatable with drugs. If handled efficiently, those with leprosy can live regular lifestyles and recover from the infection.
What are the symptoms of Leprosy?
- The first and opening indication of leprosy is for sure a red spot that can be darker or fainter than the sufferer’s skin. Before this symptom emerges, the leprosy-causing bacteria can live in the body for fairly some time. The standard incubation period can be from three to five years.
- Lesions will emerge on several areas of the body that will lose sensation of touch, heat or pain. The lesions will be lighter in shade than the normal color of the skin.
- Lesions, which do not get healed for weeks or even after months.
- Numbness in legs, hands, arms or feet as the leprosy bacillus attack the peripheral nerves of the limbs.
- Muscle feebleness can be a sign of leprosy.
How is leprosy transmitted?
Leprosy is an infectious illness which is transmissible, but it is not as highly transmittable as some other airborne infections such as the common cold or the flu. There are numerous ways in which leprosy is transferred, which are itemized below.
- Household contact is the most common diffusion of the disease. If somebody in your family has leprosy, you could likely get it from that individual by sharing eating utensils or drinking glasses as well as sexual contact and kissing.
- Inhaling the bacteria by sitting with somebody who is diseased with leprosy is another way the disease can be spread.
- Insect bites from insects that carry the bacillus mycobacterium leprae is another conceivable way that you can contract leprosy.
- Nasal mucous membranes can also carry the bacteria that trigger leprosy. In fact, the bacillus mycobacterium leprae can live in nasal liquids up to 36 hours.
Theoretically, leprosy typically infects an individual once, but older folks with weaker immune systems can be re-infected with leprosy.
Can leprosy be treated?
Leprosy is repairable with drugs, and maximum individuals can precede their lifestyles usually if they are handled. The infection is only marginally infected when it is without treatment, and once you are taking the medicines, you are not infected to others. However, if leprosy is ignored, it can cause serious problems with limbs (hands and feet), eyes, skin and nerves.
What are the options of leprosy treatment in Delhi that we offer?
At times, leprosy exhibits only as wounds and at times it necessitates more serious types. The specific course of action you stand by will count on the way of leprosy you have. Our medical experts can ascertain this. Our doctors recommend patients to keep take the medicines your physician recommends you, as per the guidelines you have been given. If you do not take the medicines as instructed, you could become sick again. Treatment relies upon on the nature of leprosy that you are suffering from. Medications are used to treat the disease. Long-lasting treatment with two or more medicines is recommended, typically from some six weeks to an entire season. People with serious leprosy might have to take antibiotics more. Medications cannot treat the sensors harm. Victims with leprosy might also be given thalidomide i.e. an effective drug that restrains your body’s defensing mechanisms. It lets you remedy leprosy epidermis nodules.
Leprosy can be cured. In the last 20 years, 16000 persons with leprosy have been treated. If you have leprosy and eyeing for leprosy treatment in Delhi, refer Dr. S. K. Kashyap and undergo for treatment to get best outcomes. Dr. Kashyap has degree in Skin, VD & Leprosy treatment. He deals with all skin related disease like hair nail etc., all of the Sexually Transmitted Disease and deadly infection like HIV and Syphilis always first spotted by dermatologist so he is also expert in STDs. If you are suffering with leprosy problem and eyeing for best doctors for leprosy in Delhi then choose Dr. S. K. Kashyap. Book your appointment and opt for leprosy treatment with well-known dermatologist.